Coaching – A Skill Every Small Group Leaders Should Develop
Most of us have had a coach at some point in our lives–a sports coach, voice coach, drama coach, life coach–someone who helps us gain clarity on our goals and walks beside us, sometimes pushing us, as we make vision reality. Many people today utilize coaches in their personal and professional lives: CEO’s, professional athletes, entrepreneurs, etc.
And whether they know it or not, even more people are being a coach to someone else. Coaching is a universal skill set that can have tremendous impact on the lives of your kids, coworkers, friends…
…and your small group.
Coaching skills are powerful within the context of a small group. Rather than just being a place for people to vent, a small group that employs coaching practices can facilitate true life-change among its members. And the great thing is that coaching utilizes many skills you already posses, but places them in a framework to maximum impact.
That’s one of the reasons why Pleasant Ridge is hosting a Coaching Basics Workshop on Saturday, October 23rd in the NW wing. Facilitators from The Coaching Minister will guide participants from churches in the area through a process that will teach:
- A proven model to guide your helping conversations
- 5 core coaching skills that will increase your ability to connect, guide, and inspire others.
- Coaching techniques to help people become more self-aware and self-directed.
- Effective ways to challenge people’s thinking while providing support and love.
- Ways to utilize your spiritual gifts through the coaching approach to guide people with discernment and biblical principles.
- How to begin your journey towards the Coaching Minister Certification.
The full price of the workshop is $99. However, for every one of you that want to participate, I will provide a partial scholarship. But you need to act fast. I need you to commit by Sunday, October 17th. For more information, please contact me or visit The Coaching Minister website.
I’ll see you there!