My Advocare Health and Wellness Challenge – Day 1
Here we go. The first day is in the books. Not a bad start, I think. I haven’t been hungry, I haven’t felt ‘weird’ like you can on some programs, and my energy as been pretty constant all day. Not bad. I anticipate a sugar withdrawal headache at some point over the first few days, but I’m not there yet. Tonight will really be the first real ‘cleanse’ period. We’ll see how that goes.
What I like about the challenge is that its very simple. I have a guide that tells me exactly what to do and when to do it. Being a natural ‘rule follower’, I can do that. There are no real crazy restrictions, just a lot of fresh veggies, salad, and fruit, along with some lean protein. For the first 10 days, the regimen will be something like this:
- Spark energy drink to start the day.
- Follow up fiber drink (like it says, drink it fast!)
- Meal replacement shake for breakfast – the chocolate is really good.
- Mid-morning snack of fresh fruit, veggies, or nuts.
- Lean protein (chicken, fish, etc), salad, and veggies at lunch.
- Mid-afternoon snack reminiscent of the morning snack. Optional Spark drink*.
- Lean protein with salad and lightly steamed or sauteed vegetables.
- Optional late night snack of fruit or nuts*.
*I am all about the options, by the way.
It is only day one. I want this to be a lifestyle change, not just one attempt in a long line of fads. The first 10 days will be the most challenging, I think, but very doable. One of the things I’ve learned is that success is most often found with the encouragement and accountability of others. That’s one of the reasons my wife and I are doing this together (and I want her to be healthy as well). As I mentioned in the intro post, that’s also one of the reasons I’m doing this blog. Hopefully with a little discipline and God’s grace, we can all celebrate a successful finish in 24 days while facing another beginning in the weeks, months, and years ahead.
Now for the weigh in. Here are my ‘stats’ for day one. Not sure if I’m going to post pictures just yet.
Let’s hope we see those numbers trend downward in the weeks ahead. By the way, one of my more important numbers is body fat percentage. I’m going to try and get the folks at the gym to measure that for me. I’ll post it when I get it.